We’ve just successfully deployed our newest release of the Marketplace/Nexus. Here are some of the enhancements:
- Radically changed the layout to make it simpler and easier to use. Our focus is NOT on flashy graphics, moving images, and tons of words. We want to be simple, clean, and efficient.
- Banners and icons were redesigned to improve readability.
- Search function was radically improved. You can search for almost anything now.. vendor names, products, events. The site is virtually completely searchable now. And it is now prominently displayed in the middle of the page.
- Categories were expanded and enhanced so that browsing/drilling down is easier than ever to use.
- You can now look at a member’s profile, and see which shows they are at. You can also look at the entries for the shows and see which members are at those shows.
Plans for the future:
- First and foremost the Marketplace/Nexus needs to grow. We need to add members in all of our categories: crafters, performers/entertainers, service providers, and even events. Our goal is to become a ‘curated google’… A search engine and profile service where patrons, events, or whoever can find crafters, entertainers, and service providers without having to wade through 986 pages on google. At the same time, the bigger we are, the more google and other search engines will sit up and take notice of us. We expect, and want, thousands of profiles on our site, to make finding what you want as easy as possible.
- We want to level the playing field for all of our members. No one gets priority in searches, you don’t have the same company taking up the first two pages of google because they are an 800 lb gorilla in certain categories. In our world, the 800lb gorilla gets the same attention as a small vendor.
- And where do you want us to go? If you have a suggestion, use the contact us form and send it to us. If it makes sense to try and do it, and we can do it from a technical standpoint, we’ll do it. We do work under the constraints of the platform we are using, but we will do our best.